The graphics in the interior can turn the trivial look of the house into a picturesque art space, decorated with black and white paints and drawings with interesting plots.
The use of illustrations in the interior creates expressive focal points and visually alters the structure of the living space.
The original solution for the design of the workspace graphic drawings on the wall
Dream catcher over the headboard in the bedroom in soft cream tones
Very fresh solution for the decoration of the dining area, despite the advantage of the black and white gamut, bright yellowish accents dilute the interior monochrome
The role of graphic art in the interior
Graphic drawings from time immemorial decorated the dwelling of a man, giving his appearance unique features. Many artists actively used charcoal sticks and pencils to draw pictures on canvas and illustrations on the walls.
Interesting graphics with lighting in the interior of a cozy cafe in bright colors
Picturesque objects of art, found in the interior, magnetically attract the eyes of others, admiring the subtlety of performance and trying to unravel the plot of the painted composition. Therefore, the drawings depicted on accent walls, ceilings, furniture and other details of the furnishings are a popular way of highlighting the central components of an interior painting, an effective method of combining functional areas and spaces into a single whole.
Large studio apartment of a spacious apartment in gray tones. The center of attention is a large volumetric abstraction on the wall above the sofa, which maintains the general mood of the room.
Important! The graphics are interpreted as a type of fine art in which a monochrome palette of colors is used: black, white and gray. In the process of creating drawings, straight lines, images of different geometric shapes, strokes, contours, and tonal contrast of light and dark tones are used.
Living in a minimalist spirit with original graphics on a dark gray wall by the sofa. Please note that a slight emphasis on red may dilute the monochrome of the interior.
From the point of view of designers, the graphics on the walls in the interior, decorated with achromatic flowers, is ideal for decorating offices, home offices, libraries and other parts of the house, where the atmosphere that is conducive to workflow or intellectual leisure should dominate. Neutral palette of colors contributes to the occupation of creativity and fruitful activities, as a calm range of colors is not annoying and does not distract attention from certain tasks.
Very atmospheric dining area in black and white with elements of graphics in the interior and two paintings in the same spirit.
Despite the limited choice of colors for drawing, according to A. Ber, "graphics are a special world of expressive possibilities, where black, white and gray color interact with each other in an infinite number of options." It is difficult to disagree with the German artist, because black and white drawings can bring a touch of novelty to the interior picture, solve many design problems:
A small living room in pastel colors with graphic elements on pillow covers and delicate patterns within
- form a visual center of the interior composition;
- erase the boundary between the functional areas in the studio-style apartment;
Original graphic prints on pillows in the loft room of the living room of a private house
- simulate an asymmetrical configuration of living rooms - visually increase the height of the ceiling when decorating a wall with a vertical image that changes to the ceiling, reduce the length of the high wall by displaying several parallel horizontal black-and-white lines drawn in the middle of the wall around the perimeter of the room;
Spacious room for a teenager with a large graphic pattern on the wall
- feather the expressive line between the elements of black-and-white decoration of a bathroom, kitchen or other residential premises;
Dining area of the kitchen-studio in light colors with graphic ornaments on the covers of the corner ottoman
- create a unique design of furniture by applying monochrome images on the upholstery of the sofa or the facade of the closet;
Black and white ornaments on the upholstery of the chairs and pillows in the spacious living room of a private house
- emphasize the characteristic features of modern design trends - high-tech and modern;
- dilute the bright palette of interior colors, performed in the style of pop art, boho or kitsch;
Very atmospheric loft room with brickwork on the whole wall and a large graphic pattern in white
- to transform the look of interior details or create a unique decor - draw a dial with ornate patterns or a strict geometric outline on the wall, decorate flower pots or vases with ornaments harmoniously overlapping with the prints used in the interior.
Large graphic dial imitating watercolor technique
The art of creating magnificent compositions with the help of achromatic colors is provided by units of hyperrealist artists who thoroughly know the rules of the game of light and shadow. Among them are the names of world-renowned masters of pictorial art: Stefan de Croix, Matthias Adolfsson, Sandra Javad, Diego Fazio, George Nova, Caesar Del Vall, Linda Haber. Reproductions of their paintings, depicted in a slate pencil, are often used for auto-tuning, decorating the walls of public institutions and houses, where monochrome tones are the main colors of the interior design palette.
Unusual picture of graphic illusion in a spacious monochrome living room in bright colors.
Portraits, images of animals, philosophical storylines, narrating about the global problems of mankind, black and white stripes of life, abstractions, the ideas of the artist that need to be solved, will definitely become the main attractions of the house, emphasizing homage to the masters of the fine arts in graphic design.
Also, graphic drawings can be used to decorate a child's room, it is enough to take bright and juicy color as a basis.
Tip! 3D graphics has unlimited potential. The interior can acquire the traits of man-made, if you personally create in a graphic editor a sketch of an image with a plot advertise the concept of the chosen stylistic direction, hobbies of households or objects of which they dream.
Making one of the walls of a small living room 3D graphics
A sketch of a black-and-white pattern can be used as a template for creating the design of photowall-paper, decorating mirror facades, stretch ceilings, ceramic tile panels or modular paintings.
Original drawing in the bedroom. Its ease of execution complements the overall mood of the interior.
Graphics in the interior: rules of use
The unusual graphic pattern of the kitchen apron perfectly harmonizes with the set of light natural wood.
To avoid creating a dull atmosphere in rooms dominated by black and white compositions, you need to correctly choose a place to place the picture. Graphics in the interior looks presentable on a neutral background, due to the finish of snow-white, pastel light blue, beige or pearl tone. Choosing such an original way of decorating the inner shell of housing, it is worth remembering the rules for the use of graphic compositions:
Do not be afraid to experiment: dilute the black and white gamut with another basic interior color. After all, white graphics look very beautiful, for example, on a rich lilac background.
- In spacious rooms, the volume graphics in the interior looks advantageous, the photo of which should be selected in the process of creating a design project. With the help of 3D-visualization of the interior, you can visually evaluate many nuances of choosing graphic illustrations: evaluate a proportionate and balanced combination of colors and their gradations, choose the dominant color correctly, connecting all other tones, reduce or increase the tonal richness, stop choosing the optimal picture scale.
Spacious bright bedroom with an unusual geometric pattern over the headboard and a bright accent on bedding with marine motifs
- Black-and-white ornaments, patterns and ethnic motifs look organic in small-sized rooms. For example, the mandala of graphics in the interior is able to fill the atmosphere with notes of mystery and sacred magic. The most suitable for the interior, decorated with graphic drawings with geometric components, will be a schematic ornament of Sri Yantra with a frame composed of rectangular elements.
Original graphic motifs on the pillows in the light bedroom
- In representative areas of the house, it is worthwhile to use illustrations with dynamic character that create the illusion of movement to decorate the walls: graphics depicting a car traveling at high speed, breaking through the space of a rocket, liner or plane. This will create a vigorous emotional atmosphere, charging the driving mood of others during long-awaited meetings with guests.
Very dynamic abstract picture is perfect for decorating the living room.
- Lounge areas need to be decorated with static black and white drawings without acute-angled edging and curved lines. Graphics with streamlined outlines and gradual transitions of tones adjusts to the peace of mind and measured rest.
Bright living room with an unusual graphic pattern and rich yellow accents in the interior
- Accent walls should be designed with symmetrical compositions that allow you to fully consider each part of the graphic pattern.
Very detailed, eye-catching, graphic composition in the bright living room
- To highlight the picturesque composition, it is necessary to complement it with LED lights or spots, aimed at the main dominant picture of the interior.
Unusual geometric abstraction made in graphic technique
- In order for a bright illustration, decorated in sharply contrasting black and white tones, to look organically against the background of an interior with a neutral palette, it should be combined with mirror panels or chrome-plated metal wall panels capable of reflecting a graphic pattern.
Bright living room in monochrome tones with graphic drawings, framed
- With the help of graphic compositions can be placed on the walls of the house objects of admiration, acting as a link between parts of the space, reflecting the canons of different interior genres. For example, combine colorful Provence with the aesthetics of the Mediterranean style with the help of black and white blots depicting natural motifs and diluting a bright palette of colors.
For the decoration of the walls you can use absolutely any patterns, ornaments, drawings or abstractions.
Tip! In interior design there are no strict rules for decorating living space.
The original solution for the design of walls using wallpaper with graphic drawings
Therefore, you can confidently trust your personal aesthetic taste in the process of transforming the environment habitat, with confidence to paint the walls of the house, not afraid to put a blot in a prominent place, as the modern direction of design welcomes man-made, simplicity and imperfect forms in any manifestation.
Variations of graphic compositions
Graphics in the interior can be presented in different images:
A very bright design of the summer terrace of a private house, despite the fact that the upholstery of the furniture is made in black and white ornaments.
- In the form of a bright pattern, executed in the technique of airbrushing. With the help of an airbrush master can apply any image on a metal, glass, wood panel or ideally even plastered wall. Due to the skillful combination of black and white colors, professionals create amazingly beautiful graphic drawings, from which it is difficult to translate the view to another detail of the situation. Therefore, in order that the surrounding furnishings do not fade against the background of dynamic images, it is worth complementing the composition with chords in the form of red-white or yellow-black upholstery of the chairs, curtains of green or blue color, involuntarily diverting attention from the perfectly executed graphics on the wall.
Unusual graphic design in the minimalist spirit on the wall of the light living room
- In the form of paintings or frescoes decorated with achromatic paints. The unique technology of applying black and white images on a wall covered with a thick layer of levkas (soil base). This material is used by icon painters. It emits a faint glow from the inside, captivating glitter. Such an original kind of graphics will look spectacular in interiors filled with notes of attractive antiquity and genuine luxury: in houses dominated by vintage aesthetics, classics, art deco, gothic.
The original kitchen apron with graphic ornaments will complement the interior of the bright kitchen-studio
- In the form of all sorts of inscriptions, reflecting the foundations of lettering (the art of creating drawings with the help of letters written in calligraphic handwriting). Slogans with a positive meaning, life slogans or quotations of idols look organically on walls painted in a single color. The great advantage of using this type of graphics in the interior is the ability to easily modify the decor of the walls.
Bright studio room with an unusual graphic picture in the form of text. You can make your favorite quotes or motivating phrases like that
- In the form of drawings transferred to the wall using stencils. The task of applying a graphic illustration will be able to cope anyone who wants to dilute the boring image of housing with bright images or inscriptions. To do this, you can choose stencils with a pattern or a slogan that impresses with the aesthetics of the interior genre, attach the template to the wall using double-sided tape and decorate with alternate use of quick-drying black, white and gray paint in cans.
It is also a very original way to decorate the walls, which you can easily use yourself - prints with the help of homemade or commercial signets
- In the form of a mat that can be made by hand. In a white frame made of wood, plastic or cardboard, you can put black and white pictures of your favorite painters, printed out on a printer, or touching and smiling children's drawings. The original graphics in the interior of others will cause no less delight than the original of the great artist.
For a nursery, wall decoration with minimal animal designs on craft paper is perfect, which looks very nice and atmospheric.
- In the form of newspaper pages placed inside the glass tops of the dining table or kitchen unit. An organic addition will be the design of a kitchen apron with catchy wallpaper with newspaper print. Such a non-trivial finish of the kitchen appeals to the interior with the aesthetics of English style, retro style and pop art.
You can also decorate the walls with a painting that imitates tree branches.
Graphics in the interior in any incarnation, whether it is a beautiful black and white picture with an intricate storyline, placed in the living room, or comics depicted on the wall of a teenager's room, always look striking and arouse interest among others. Therefore, boldly introduce fashionable art objects into the look of the house, which will entice guests with a non-trivial approach to decor and the ability to incorporate into the interior graphic compositions often encountered in everyday life: on posters, black and white photographs, spreads of books, newspapers, advertising banners and signs.
Graphic compositions are also quite interesting to look on the carpet.
It is not necessary to paint directly on the walls, you can place panels with graphic patterns at the head of the bed, which can be replaced at times